Car fire at Longwarry service centre (archive)
Baw Baw News By Baw Baw Citizen Staff // 00:13, Wednesday 9 May 2018
A petrol station in Longwarry was evacuated after a car burst into flames while at a pump.
PLEASE NOTE: This story was first published in the 23 March 2018 Baw Baw Citizen print edition and has been uploaded now for archival access.
Image: The burning car, captured by reader @aussiepics. Used with permission.
Emergency services were called to the Caltex service station just after 5pm on 16 March.
A police spokesperson said the Nicholson driver was refuelling their car when they noticed smoke and flames coming from the engine bay.
Service station employees implemented safety features, shut down the pumps, and evacuated the site.
The fire is believed to have been caused by a mechanical fault in the car.
Get free email updates from the Baw Baw Citizen
Read more Baw Baw News