Man airlifted to hospital after Drouin house fire
 Baw Baw News   By // 03:15, Wednesday 6 June 2018

A man was airlifted to Melbourne’s Alfred hospital suffering from severe burns and smoke inhalation after being caught in a house fire in Drouin.

This story was first published in the 17 May 2018 edition of the Baw Baw Citizen. It has been uploaded for archival purposes.


Emergency crews were called to the Main South Road address early on the morning of Saturday 12 May, with CFA crews finding the man unconscious inside the building.

A police spokesperson said the fire is not being considered suspicious, and that an open fireplace appears to be the cause.

Anyone who witnessed the incident is encouraged to call Warragul Police on 5622 7111.

 Get free email updates from the Baw Baw Citizen 

 Read more Baw Baw News