Baw Baw News By William PJ Kulich // 13:00, Friday 13 February 2015
A GROUP of concerned people in the Warragul North Primary community will again face off with the state government over the future of one of the school’s portable buildings.
First published in the 13 February edition of the Warragul & Baw Baw Citizen. Get your copy today from retailers across Baw Baw.
A spokesperson for the “Save Our Classrooms” group, which is concerned the removal of a two-classroom prefabricated building will set the school back given the growth in a growth area, said on social media the group would fight the Department of Education.
“We were successful last year in stopping them, so let’s rally together again to save our classrooms!” they said.
“There are petitions located in the WNPS office foyer.
“We needs lots and lots of names and signatures.”
Late last year the group was successful in preventing the removal of the classrooms after a strong campaign, as well as support from Baw Baw Shire councillors also concerned about population growth.
13 FEBRUARY EDITION OUT NOW – Copies available from retailers across Baw Baw.
Get free email updates from the Baw Baw Citizen
Read more Baw Baw News